2 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup and 2 tbs granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup and 2 tbsp all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chocolate chunks
For the dip
1/2 cup chocolate chunks (for melting)
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a mixer, combine the oil and sugar, then add in the vanilla extract and beat in the egg.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder and gradually stir it into the egg mixture.
4. Gently stir in the chocolate chunks and chopped almonds.
5. Wet your hands with cold water and push the dough into a 2″ x 12″ ‘log’ on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
6. Bake for 35 mins and remove from the oven. Allow to cool for about 10 mins.
7. Cut log into 3/4″ slices on the diagonal (approx 12 slices) and lay back onto the baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for a further 10 mins, flipping them over halfway through.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
For the dip:
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water. Dip each cooled biscotti into the melted chocolate and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top. Allow to cool on a wire rack.